Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Few Things

We've been on a grading spree, so here are just a few thoughts and minor events over the past few days.

1.  Where's my purse?
I had a baby shower to attend yesterday that I wouldn't be taking Eliot to.  Actually, I was going early to help out and Chris would come later with Eliot.  For the first time in a long, long time, I wouldn't need to carry a diaper bag.  I planned to wear a skirt, so I'd need a purse for my wallet and phone.  But where is my purse?  I couldn't remember.  And more importantly, I couldn't even remember what it looked like.  It had been that long since I used one.  And before you think I'm crazy, I told Chris about my dilemma and he couldn't remember what my last purse looked like either.  I've probably used it maybe once in the past year and four months.  Please don't think I'm complaining; Chris bought me a very nice diaper bag for my birthday last year, and I like it way more than any purse I have ever owned.

2.  Bats!
I wrote an entry before about watching the bats fly around our backyard.  I'm not scared of bats.  I think they're neat.  However, the other morning, I came downstairs to find one dead on our door mat.  In the house.  It might have flown in through the chimney and our cat must have killed it.  I don't know how else it would have gotten all the way to the front door.  Chris gave it a proper burial and we read Stellaluna in its honor.  Neko (our cat) pranced around extra proud that day, and I thanked her for not bringing the dead bat to us in bed.  She does that sometimes with crickets....

3.  Cookie zombies!
While at the baby shower, Eliot was playing with another toddler.  This boy was about six months older, but Eliot was hanging in there well enough--and I can't believe how tall Eliot is when compared to other older kids.  Anyway, the boy's mom asked him if he wanted a cookie.  I guess Eliot thought she was offering it to him too.  All of the sudden, they both turned around, arms out-stretched, and let out a loud affirmation that they both indeed wanted that cookie.  She almost jumped back as they both came after her.  I'm not saying they were fighting or anything, but they looked like cookie zombies.  We laughed and I gave Eliot his own, which he loved until he hit a chocolate chip (which he spit out).


4.  Monkey food!
Eliot isn't too terribly picky of an eater, but he definitely has started having "moods" lately.  One day, he loves Cheerios.  The next, he doesn't want anything to do with them.  And that's fine.  I just keep offering everythinggg to him. Today, though, Chris figured out a sure way to get him to eat a banana:  show Eliot videos of monkeys eating bananas.  I don't know why, but it worked!

That is all!

No comments:

Post a Comment