Sunday, May 27, 2012

Chesapeake Weekend Pt. I

I have spent the past few days in Chesapeake.  I haven't had a lot of time to write about our adventures, but figured I should get a head start.

On Wednesday, I took Eliot to a new play group with my friend, Becca.  She and some people she knows were putting together a small, weekly group, which I was thrilled to be invited to.  I have taken Eliot to some groups, but they were so many people that I felt a little lost.  This time, though, Eliot was the oldest.  And he knew it.  After he got settled in, he knelt down to whisper to the babies.  And take their pacis.  And start the hostess's dishwasher.  And share snacks with his buddy, Levi.  He had a blast and it felt nice to get out and socialize some.
Levi and Eliot's due dates were exactly six months apart, but Eliot was five days late.  And Levi was right on time!

We came home to eat lunch and pack up as quickly as we could--I think it took us an hour and a half.  We made it to Chesapeake about 7:00 pm!

On Thursday, the three of us met with Lesley and her boys at the bay.  Eliot loves the lake, an appreciation I had hoped would extend to the bay.  However, he was terrified of the waves.  He would get so upset whenever Chris would go in the water.  Eventually, he calmed down and played in the sand.  Then I took him out past the water breaking and he finally loved the water, just like the lake.  Chris kept warning me that I was burning, but I didn't see it or feel it.  I had put on 55 SPF, so I thought maybe he was wrong.  Well, I was wrong.  I got a decent burn, but Eliot didn't burn at all (he was really lathered up), so that is the important part.
Weston and Eliot!  They are almost exactly two months apart--Weston is older.
Chris and the boys!  Lesley's older son, Kingston, actually called Chris "daddy," which I thought was hilarious.  Chris is always a boy magnet.
Eliot with Weston in the background.  Don't worry; Chris took this one while watching Eliot play in the sand.  Lesley and I were farther down the beach watching the other boys.

Part of the reason we came down was for a race!  Chris was running a 10k in Portsmouth, so we had to pick up his packet on Friday.  While we were out, we went shopping at MacArthur to get a couple of summer shirts for Eliot.  He had been wearing his winter button-down shirts with the sleeves rolled up, which has been working, but we got him a couple of larger, short-sleeved shirts that will last him through the fall.  I wanted to go see my grandma, but I guess she decided to go out of town.  While Chris was getting his packet, he also signed up Eliot for his race!  They were having a small, 100-yard dash for kids, so we thought it might be funny just to say that Eliot ran his first race at the age of one.
Waiting in the car while Chris got the race packet.  Check out that sunburn!
Eliot and his first race number!
After all of our errands and shopping, we had dinner on the water at Kelly's. Eliot devoured a lemon....

I'll post about the second half of the weekend in a couple of days.  All of those pictures on are our "real" camera.  So, up next:  the race and Sydney's birthday party!

No comments:

Post a Comment