Friday, May 18, 2012

Lake Weather

It is lake weather again!  I love the spring, but, man, once those hot days hit and water is available, summer is the best.  Although I am fair-skinned and burn easily, sometimes I feel like an iguana on a heat rock as I try to soak up enough sun to prepare for the dreaded winter.  Winter does have its place, though, I will admit.


Anyway, we headed to the lake for the first time this year.  Last year, we were excited to introduce Eliot to the water, but he wasn't that stoked.  I mean, he splashed some, but today he didn't want to leave.

Here is Eliot at the lake last year.  Little buddy!

And now this year.
 
I love our little dude!

As you can see, he spent a lot of time playing in the sand.  Then throwing sand and rocks at the water's edge.  And he loved to sit in his float and be pushed around.  He especially wanted to go out to touch the buoy, but the water was a little chilly.  He was shivering, but still wanted to run in!

Sometimes I feel a little sad that Lynchburg is a bit far from the ocean, but lakes really give me my fill of sand and water.  I mean, we can usually only stay about an hour anyway because I burn so easily and Eliot gets over it (kind of.  not today).  I hope to explore Leesville and Smith Mountain Lake sometime.  We never really have!  Lynchburg has a lot of other great things to offer that many other areas don't, like the trails.

Speaking of trails, did I mention that we went for an eight mile bike ride/run yesterday?  I biked.  Chris ran.  We were both tired--him more, I'm sure.  So, it felt nice to relax today at the beach.  We only did but so much relaxing, though, because Eliot did not take any naps.  I thought the sun and beach and water would wear him out.  Nope.  He was hyper allll day.  And he stayed up until about 9:30 pm!  That kid.  I love him like crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment