Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The New Duck

We had a successful work weekend, but we have a little more painting to do before I post photos.

Sometimes it seems like Eliot's vocabulary grows, regresses, and grows again.  He'll learn a new word, but then reverts to only saying "dog" and "ball" and "dada" mostly.  He only says "mama" when he is upset or wants something.  Then he comes screaming it at me.  Haha!  I guess he talks when he needs to.  Yesterday morning, we were working on "duck" and "quack quack".  He did say the two and then threw his rubber ducky behind the bed, so that was the end of that.

Later, we went to Kohls to look at some shorts since they're $6.  At the check out counter, I said, "Eliot, if you can correctly identify one of those stuffed animals, I'll buy it for you."  I didn't think he would.  And what does he do?  He immediately points to the duck and says, "Duck! Duck!"

Picture courtesy of Elizabeth.  We took her to Panera for dinner.  It had only been a week since we saw her, but it felt like forever!  Yay sisters!

Later that evening, Stephanie came over for a little while.  I was demonstrating my sling for her with Eliot, which I hadn't done in this position in a long time.  I was thinking maybe I should use it more when Chris and Stephanie laughed, saying Eliot was way too big.  I didn't understand until I saw this picture.  I never quite get how large he has gotten until I see us together!

Those early sling days don't seem that long ago.  And if you're wondering, it is a Baby K'tan sling.  If I could easily wrap Eliot up in under a minute, anyone can.  I highly recommend it.


And...  he is using his pirate ship as a stool now. Oh my!

No comments:

Post a Comment