Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Just a Few

A few things about these past few days.

We went to the park today, which was great fun, but we lost a shoe!  Chris was trying to get Eliot to stand on the rail of this bridge, but Eliot wanted to dive in the water.  I was like, "You better be holding my son tight." And Chris was like, "I am holding my son plenty tight."  The shoe was a different story.  Eliot kicked it right off into the creek.  Oh goodness.  We tried to follow it around the bends, but it floated away or sunk or got stuck out of sight.  Ah, what can you do.  It was really quite funny.  His Chucks were his best-fitting, most-dependable shoes and saw many puddles and mud vats.  They served Eliot well.  At least we still have the one to keep and remember as his best first pair of shoes.

I think we have perfected [vegetarian] sloppy Joes.  And Eliot loves them.  Those whole idea of sloppy Joes is just nasty.  Wet, ketchup-y meat.  Ugh.  But they're so good.  And even better without meat.  Yes.

I have made some great head way on my dissertation, which is awesome.  Eliot took a two-hour nap today instead of two one-hour naps, but I used my time well with work and dissertation writing.  I am now working with faculty members more with my new position at work (I am an Instructional Mentor now in addition to Assistant Professor, so I am assisting and supervising a team of twenty faculty members), and I have really been enjoying the additional interaction.

I'm planning to start getting up earlier in the mornings before the babe does to do more work, writing, reading, researching, and anything else that needs to happen.  Maybe I'll shower then too.  I usually do get up about an hour earlier, but I'm thinking of trying to make it two hours.  I think I've just been basking in the world that is sleep and got used to sleeping in as late as I can (7:00 am most mornings) since anti-sleep Eliot came around, but he has been mostly sleeping through the nights for about four months, so I need to develop some more self-discipline.

No comments:

Post a Comment