Thursday, March 15, 2012

Appomattox Court House

It feels like it had bee a long while since we had an adventure.  Eliot turned fourteen months on the fourteenth, so we decided to make the day eventful with a trip to the Appomattox Court House.  We have been living within thirty minutes of ACH for seven years (it is between Farmville and Lynchburg), but have never gone.  Not once!  We wanted to take Eliot someplace with lots of space to run and it seemed like a good place.

It was.  Lots of running happened.

In fact, Eliot started running everywhere as soon as he got out of the Jeep.  He wanted to do his own thing so much that Chris had to carry him on his shoulders to get him any place else.

It was very hot for March, but I'm not complaining.

While the hat was too big, we couldn't help but try one on.

I thought that surely Eliot would be ready for a nap in the car or when we got home.  I was tired from all the heat myself!  I was wrong, though.  The boy still stayed up until 9:00 pm!  That babe has the heart of an explorer and the endurance to keep at it.  Not an hour goes by that I don't think my heart could explode of love, happiness, and pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment