Wednesday, March 21, 2012

ktnoms

While I don't know for certain what is bothering Eliot, I think that I can say his tummy is not too happy.  Without revealing too much information and grossing everyone out, I'll just say that he had either six or seven soiled diapers (I lost count) yesterday when he generally has one, maybe two.  The day before, he hadn't had any, so it is reasonable to think his fussiness has been mostly related to his stomach.  Poor guy.
We spent a lot of time doing this--walking up and down the street.
Eliot must be practicing for Halloween.  He kept wanting to go up to all of the neighbors' doors.

This week, I am tracking all of our dinners on my food blog, ktnoms.  All of the dinners are vegetarian.  We aren't "official" vegetarians, but we don't usually buy meat.  So, we pretty much only eat meat when we eat out (maybe once a week) or are guests at someone else's house.  To be honest, this "only meat out" policy is probably a pretty bad one since we can't control where that meat comes from, but it is rare and perhaps a "treat" of sort.  And refining one's diet is a continual process.  I know that one day we will probably need to become something close to vegans for health reasons.
Here was last night's dinner:  Southwestern stuffed spaghetti squash, a staple in our house.
I don't generally make a menu for the week.  Instead, we make meals from whatever we have and go to the grocery store every couple of days for whatever we have in mind.  However, on Monday, we went to the store to buy everything we'd need for the week and I think we'd save a lot if we stuck to our plans.  Less waste and all of that.  Not to mention, it will lead to less conversations like this, "What do you want for dinner?  I don't know....  I feel uninspired."

You know, that could be why Eliot's stomach is upset....  Over the weekend, his diet was a little different than he is used to since we were on the road.  It is difficult at best to eat well on the road.  We tried and even got sandwiches from Magnolia on the way out to avoid stopping for fast food, but it is hard to eat perfectly when traveling with a babe.

No comments:

Post a Comment