Thursday, March 22, 2012

Beneath Our Favorite Tree

Our lives have turned up-side-down (in a good way) beneath our favorite tree.

2010
Two weeks before I got pregnant.
2011
Two and a half months old.

2012
Can you believe how big (and tall!) my boy has grown?  And I hate to embarrass Chris, but he has been working so hard to lose weight and you can really tell between the two photos--even though he was really sticking his stomach out in the 2011 picture.

I would say that Eliot seems to be almost completely better.  You know he isn't feeling well when he refuses to play basketball.  Yesterday, though, he was mostly back to his happy self.  We took advantage of our Y membership and headed to the pool--it is indoors and heated.  Eliot had not been in a pool or lake since last summer, so it was all new to him again.  And he was scared.  After about five minutes, he was splashing and pointing to the buoy that he called a "ball".  We need to get him pool-ready for the summer!



Today Chris did some yardwork.  And worked out.  And I played with the babe.  Then we headed to Target to get some shirts for me....  I am at a total loss in clothes world.  All of my clothes from last season are too big.  The ones from before I got pregnant are too small.  I swear they must have shrunk (or I have different standards as to what is too "tight" after wearing comfy, stretchy clothes while pregnant and afterward) because I weigh 10 pounds less than before I got pregnant.  I live in tank tops and tees, and some of those are badly stretched out from nursing.  Anyway, I always have such a hard time finding clothes that aren't too young yet not too old yet actually fit.  I think I have weird proportions or something--and perhaps a total lack of style.

We picked up a lawn mower for Eliot while at Target and he thinks it is the coolest thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment