Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Training for Nothing and Pumpkin Curry Soup

Yesterday, Christopher and I decided to try to start the day off right by going for a run/walk!  We are following the couch to 5k plan because Chris gets shin splints easily and I am horrible at running.  Last time we did this faithfully, I got up to 30 minutes of running!

Eliot all bundled up!  I came to this realization that Eliot has grown sooo much when I notice how much room of the jogger he was taking up.
After our run/walk cycle, we walked some more for about 50 minutes of exercise.  I'm not exactly training for anything, but Chris was pretty much made to run and I feel bad that all he has to run with is wimpy, ol' me.  Can I be a total loser and admit that I am sore?

When we got back, Eliot and I split an organic sorbet popsicle, which he loved after he realized that you can lick it instead biting into it.  His face was full of red yumminess and I thought of tricking Chris (who was on the phone with a student) into thinking Eliot was bleeding.  Instead, I just showed him with popsicle in hand and Eliot smiled so big.  Eliot never could have pulled off the hurt face--he was too happy.

We never did carve our pumpkin for Halloween.  Instead, I carved one last night in a way.  I carved it for dinner and made it into pumpkin curry soup!  I wrote about it and gave the recipe here on my food tumblr.  We had Stephanie and Bernard over for dinner, and everyone liked it, so the whole pot of soup got eaten!  Yaay!  No left-overs!

And that was yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment