Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chesapeake Visits and Basketball

We had a really great, packed weekend visiting Chesapeake for pre-Thanksgiving Widen family time.  We even got to see my grandma, which hasn't happened in a while.  It's a long, crazy story, but she has been avoiding my family for the most part.  She had not seen Eliot since he was five months old and then a month and a half old before that--and in between she had skipped many family get-togethers, including Easter.

Here is the best shot of her and the great-grandkids, but Matthew (my nephew) was hiding.  Ha!
There Matthew is--and Memaw looking kind of silly.
The cousins all went for a bike ride...

But Eliot was not entirely too stoked on it.
It was funny and kind of weird to watch our babies riding bikes down the road that Chelse and I used to---the same asphalt that I crashed into learning to ride without training wheels and that same driveway where I sold Kool Aid for a dime.  My parents have been living in that house since I was six months old, but I moved away for college six and a half years ago.  That is a long time to be gone.

Eliot took his first unassisted step yesterday while visiting Kimmy, but hasn't taken another one since.

We headed back to Lynchburg early this morning.  Eliot took the world's most-needed nap and then we showered up and headed to Liberty's basketball game.  Christopher got season tickets and was so excited to share it with Eliot.  I was excited about concession stand food.  Eliot was scared of the buzzer the first time, but then seemed absolutely fine.  He would lean forward, point, and talk some until he got kind of bored and wanted to crawl around.  So, we walked him around.  He made it through the whole game, though.


No comments:

Post a Comment