Friday, November 11, 2011

Feeling Thankful in Sickness

I had things to say and a post all written out, but after the past few nights of dealing with Eliot's croup, nothing seems important.

However, I'm thankful.  I'm thankful that his congestion is just in his head, not in his lungs or chest.  I'm thankful that his croup was not accompanied by anything else, like an ear infection or pneumonia.  I'm thankful that we were able to get into the doctor right away and that she gave him a shot (even though I'm not entirely sure if it is working) that will greatly reduce his discomfort.  While I'm still sick, I'm thankful that I've been fine enough to take care of him (of course, with the help of Chris too).  And I'm thankful that Eliot is still happy and doing well during the day.  He is such a good sport.

Chris reading the panda book to Eliot and his favorite panda.

No comments:

Post a Comment