Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Sick, Unsick, Sick Again

Week two of exercising!  We're going strong.  I mean, I definitely skipped a day last week due to my brainache, but Chris didn't.  And here we are in week two still going, so that is good, right?

Since my headache went away and Chris was feeling kind of all right, we decided we had to do something.  Target it was!  About halfway through our trip, though, Chris started feeling funny, so we grabbed the few things we needed and got out of there. 

Yesterday, we went for a run at Blackwater Creek.  I love that place, but don't go enough.  No excuses!  We took Eliot through the rail road tunnel for the first time, but he didn't seem to care.  In fact, he was asleep at first.  I told Chris that I was feeling kind of sick now, but we still got 40 minutes of exercise.  After our showers, we headed out to get some socks for Chris and running tights and shirt for me.  I had just been wearing sweat pants, which works, but Chris said it was about time I got some warmer clothes to run in.  Eliot can wrap up in a blanket on runs, but I can't.  He wanted to get me some cold weather clothes last fall, but I was pregnant and had given up on exercise by the third trimester.

I kept feeling worse and kept saying, "I just don't want Eliot to get sick."  He started to get that look.  You know, the one when you can just tell.  Sure enough, he cried inconsolably at night.  I finally got him to sleep after walking circles around the humidifier and then he slept on my chest while I sat up.  His voice is all crinkly and he has a low fever, but other than being in-and-out of naps constantly and refusing to eat, he seems happy.  I think it is just a little bug that will work itself out, not worth going to the doctor at this point, but I will keep an eye on his symptoms and temperature.  He's even sleeping on me now, so I'm predicting cuddles in bed all day.  Fine with me!  I just have to get some work done too.

And here is a picture for the road:  Eliot playing in his pjs about a week ago.  We dug our fingers into some serious dirt that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment