Saturday, November 12, 2011

Days Growing Shorter

I feel like I have nothing interesting to write about, yet my heart is so full.  No exciting adventures.  A serious lack of photographs being taken.  Three sick Robinsons for almost a week and half now, huh?  But I really don't want to sound like a bucket of complaints because I honestly am feeling happy, content, thankful, and reflective.

Here is a cuddly Eliot being rocked with Bamboo on the day he and I caught the virus.

Although we were sick and it was also the day that my sister-in-law's boyfriend ended up in the ER (did I mention that?), Chris and I took a few minutes to vote.  I didn't want to because I felt bad and we had been running all over the place with taking Elizabeth to the hospital, Chris sitting in the ER with her boyfriend until his mom got into town, then taking Elizabeth out for food, then back to the hospital, then taking her back to her university....  I'm not trying to complain; I was so glad we could be there for them.  I'm just saying that I didn't feel like voting in the middle of all of that (ha), but I'm thankful to have a Christopher who pushes me to vote even when I don't feel like it.

I didn't think I could fall more in love with Eliot than the day we found out about him or the day we learned that he was a boy or the day he was born.  I didn't think I could feel closer to him than our first days together cuddling in bed and nursing or when he first cried when I left the room or when he started putting his arms up to me to be held or when he first started calling me "Mama".  However, every day he steals my heart more and more.  He is being such a boy these days.  Just a moment ago, he was crawling under the tv stand to get a block that he threw underneath it.  I love him to pieces.  Every single movement, utterance, glance, and smirk that he makes is beyond precious.  Every day gets better.

Today part of Eliot's Christmas present came in the mail.  A Celtics romper.  Chris was too excited to wait, though, so we went ahead and put it on him.  Eliot loves sports.  I know it sounds crazy, but really sparks up when games come on tv.  He prefers it.  He differentiates between commercials and the sports, so I think he really does like them.  As silly as I think sports can be, it is a special bond that Chris and Eliot can share--and already do!  Anyway, Chris and Eliot had a fun photoshoot today.




No comments:

Post a Comment