Tuesday, November 29, 2011

This Year/Last Year Pt. II: The Portraits

We took a couple of Christmas portraits for our cards this year!  But first...  You guessed it.  Last year!

Christopher and I took this on Christmas Eve last year.  That meant that I had about 20 days left.  We had been procrastinating with Christmas photos because I just didn't feel too pretty on most days or up to being photographed.

And here is this year's photo.
I was hoping for a photo of Eliot smiling, but, come on.  He is ten months old.  I took the photo with a remote, so I'm really super lucky that he was even looking at the camera since no one was behind it.
I plan to take a few portraits of Eliot himself.  I took this one while Christopher was changing, so Eliot wasn't smiling as big as he could have been.  We can do better than this, but it is still a pretty good shot.
 

As you might be able to tell, our tree is a little, well, bare.  We opted not to put on breakable ornaments, just lights, candy canes, and a few others that won't hurt Eliot.  I am so glad that he is not too interested in the tree.  I really thought we would be fighting with him constantly and pulling him away.  He has mostly ignored it, but wanted to help with the lights.

I think our outside decorations are all together, but it has been raining, so that photo is for tomorrow, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment