Sunday, November 6, 2011

Still Alive. Somehow.

I've been mostly quiet these past few days.  It's been weird.  First, I got this headache, which, yeah, whatever.  Deadlines still happen either way, right?  And Chris somehow got really sick at the same time, so I was trying to watch Eliot more for Chris to rest up.  He sounds like a smoker.  He was talking of going to the doctor on Monday and he doesn't go to the doctor.  It is that bad.

Well, computer screens and migraines don't mix.  After lots and lots of staring at a computer screen, my brain collapsed on itself or something.  Chris kept saying that he was going to take me to the hospital.  But who in the world would watch Eliot?  Instead, I hid in the dark and took hot baths.  That would bring minimal relief for about 20 seconds at a time.  I'm sounding like a big baby here.

I did feel OK for a small spurt in there while Chris went for a run and did yard work.  I picked up Eliot and we made some pumpkin bread with the left over pumpkin from our soup.  Super yummy.  After that, I collapsed again, which wasn't good timing because Chris collapsed too since he was very sick and still cleaning the gutters anyway.  What is wrong with us?  Ha!


And for the record, after writing out that blog post about thinking of how it might be better to wait longer than we originally planned for a second baby, I am feeling more confident in our original plans than ever.  Heck, I'd start trying now if we could, but we should wait longer for three reasons:  1. We want a little more of an age gap 2. I really enjoyed having Eliot in the winter.  Snuggley in the cold.  He was blossoming and becoming more aware with the spring.  Come summer, he was splashing in the lake. 3.  It'll be better time-wise with my dissertation.  Christopher's is a different story, but we'll make it.

2 comments:

  1. oh man. Ben and I have never been sick at the same time. I can only imagine!
    I'm excited for you guys. whenever you start trying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fortunately, we both were able to pull it together long enough to take turns. I will just be happy if Eliot doesn't get sick.

    ReplyDelete