Wednesday, March 27, 2013

26 Weeks

At 26 weeks, those kicks are getting a little painful.  They don't always hurt, but sometimes Jack will give me a really good jab and it takes a second to re-gain my composure.  He moves frequently and loves to kick when I'm eating.  He's been giving me a 4:00 am wake-up call each morning, but I don't mind too much.  I would probably be awake anyway.  I swear he is doing bicycle kicks in there.  I love to feel him move.

Those baby movements are what finally calmed my anxiety about Jack's development.  I was a bucket of worries throughout my first trimester.  And then those worries kept coming until I felt flutters at 15 and a half weeks.  After our 20-week ultrasound, I felt relieved to know that Jack was growing fine.  Now that I feel him move so often and so strong, I don't worry anymore.


I started doubling up on my morning prenatal vitamin in hopes of getting some more energy.  It helps some days, so I'm not sure if it is the vitamins or just luck.

I've really slacked with exercising this time around, and I blame the weather.  With Eliot, I found out in late April that we were expecting and already had an exercise routine, so it was warm and easy to go on walks.  I exercised almost every day until my third trimester (which also happened to be when it got cold).  This time, it has been so cold the entire time.  When we've had warm days, I've gone on walks, but I think that this time I'll end up STARTING to exercise in my third trimester instead of stopping.  And, yes, I should have exercised the whole time indoors with prenatal yoga or something, but I'm just not that good of a person.

Yesterday, I weighed 109 pounds after breakfast.  That is a weight gain of 13?  That still puts me on pace for a pound a week, which would be 27 total.  My goal is to keep it about 30.  At the same time, I'm trying to keep in mind that I don't have that much control over my weight.  I eat well, my portions are smaller than my non-pregnant self, my snacks in between meals are healthy, and my "indulgences" are limited.  Lately, my cravings have turned more to sour things again.  They always seem to come at night after dinner when it is inconvenient to leave the house.  Taco Bell has iced lemonade, which is pretty awesome.  I've had one and am trying not to get another one for a while.  Instead, I make a strawberry-banana-orange juice smoothie.

I've been horrible at applying cocobutter this time around.  The kind I bought was in a fancy bottle.  Surely, it would smell nice, right?  It smells like cucumbers and I can't stand cucumbers--I hate their smell, taste, texture, and everything about them.  I quit using it.  I mean, who even knows for certain that it works, right?  RIGHT?!  Then I noticed the beginnings of a stretch mark on my belly!  Ah!  I didn't get any on my belly with Eliot (just some on my thighs, which I had issues with in high school anyway).  I went ahead and bought the same, classic Palmer's cocobutter that I used with Eliot and you better believe I've been applying that stuff daily.

When I hit the third trimester in two weeks, we'll take some portraits like we did with Eliot.  I have some poses in mind, and I'm pretty excited to see them leave my brain and become photos we'll cherish.  Then we'll take more around 36 weeks like I did with Eliot, I suppose.  I don't always feel like I look my best these days, but pictures are important to me--and I know I won't regret it.

We're planning to have a "Yeah, Jack" party in a couple of months.  I don't think anyone is planning to throw me a shower (and that isn't a hint I'm trying to drop, really--I swear).  However, we still want to celebrate with family and friends, so we're having a little pool party at the beginning of June in honor of Jack.  Gifts are appreciated, but not expected.  It is important to me to celebrate our boy, even though we don't need many "things," and this will be kind of our last "sha-bang" before Jack arrives.  I can't waiiiit and would do it earlier, but I want the pool to be warmer.

I have three months and one week exactly until my due date.  Sometimes that sounds like a long time; sometimes it seems so short.  I feel like I should buy a pack of diapers or SOMETHING, but we have time.  And I had my shower with Eliot at 26 weeks (I know that's super early, but it was due to work schedules and having to come in town for the shower), so we were able to figure out what else we needed and make those purchases.  I'm trying to remind myself that we will have a whole month (or maybe a little less or more) after our "Yeah, Jack" party to buy all those things.  Also, I keep telling myself that if Jack came today, I'd send someone to Target for a couple packs of onesies and diapers--we'd be fine for survival mode.  Then there are some important things that I need, like a working thermometer (can anyone everrr find a good baby thermometer?); some things that would be convenient, like light-weight swaddling blankets, a swing, and a cushion for the rocking chair; and some things I simply want to be nice, like Jack's very own baby blanket, fitted sheets, and mobile.  So, yeah, in the world of survival mode, we're OK, so no reason to stress.  I might go baby shopping in a few days anyway because I have a 20% coupon to Kohl's and I haven't bought the babe much.  I just feel an itch to get a few little things--and I realistically only have a month or so left before I don't feel like moving at all anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment