Tuesday, March 12, 2013

24 Weeks

Sometimes I feel like I update too much, but when looking back on posts (even just a few months later), I've never regretted writing "too much" or "too frequently".

I'm feeling pretty OK!  My back hurts occasionally, but not like it did before with that pinched nerve feeling.  I'm tired a lot, but what else is new?  Fortunately, my headaches subsided.  A week or so ago, I had such a bad one that I lost my vision for about 30 minutes.  The headache lasted for three days.  So glad that didn't become the norm.


I am seeing Jack kick a lot.  Yes, seeing.  It is one of my favorite things...  To see him kick from the outside.  With Eliot, Chris would always seem to miss it, but Chris has seen Jack tumble around a few times now.  Eliot felt Jack kick last night.  He giggled and said it tickled.

At this point, I am at 11 pounds gained, which I think is a good place.  I think...  It is hard to think of things I want to eat (other than sweets, which is really not like me), so I've been making menus for the week.  That way I have ideas for dinner even if I don't necessarily feel like any of it.  At least then we can all agree on something instead of me shrugging a lot.  I fill up fast and don't eat large portions, so late at night, I am hungry for fourth meal.  This happened with Eliot too--I used to go downstairs every morning at 4:00 am to have a bowl of cereal.  Like a newborn myself, I couldn't make it through the night without eating.  So, I bought myself some cereal and started having fourth meal around 10:00 pm.  Hopefully that will hold me over through the night.  And cereal makes sense, you know, since some people put cereal in babe's milk to help them sleep longer. (That was a joke, by the way).

Maybe it was the nice couple days of weather or maybe it's nesting, but I've been cleaning cleaning cleaning as much as I can.  I still feel like I'm barely keeping up with Eliot's usual messes and the extra dog messes (we're dogsitting both my parents' dogs and my in-laws' dog, so our house is one big, slobbery, barking mess!).  That's OK, though.  The house generally looks tidy, just never spotless.  On Saturday, I cleaned both bathrooms (including scrubbing the floors), did two loads of laundry, cleaned the kitchen, swept and vacuumed the whole house, picked up the stray toys, made lunch, and gave Eliot a bath all before noon (and I showered too!).

We met Chris's parents in Richmond today for brunch, so we stopped by Williamsburg for the Carter's outlet on the way home.  We picked out a couple of tank tops for Eliot for the summer and also three rompers for Jack.  The funny thing is that Jack's rompers are the same length as Eliot's shirts, so that means Jack will be about the size of Eliot's torso?  Ha!  They're going to be so cute this summer.

Twenty four weeks, huh?  Sixteen remain?  A little less than four months?  That sounds like a lot in some ways, but it means in four months, our lives will be changed yet again by a beautiful boy--this time, named Jack.  I am so excited.  SO excited.

1 comment:

  1. You look so good! Cereal is my fourth meal almost every night too :) I have 8 more weeks. Seems long and short all at the same time.

    ReplyDelete