Monday, April 23, 2012

The Weekend

Since last weekend was full of grading, this weekend was full of family.  On Saturday afternoon, Chris's parents came in town.  We met them over at Shaker's for lunch.  Eliot so wanted to run around the parking lot, but that issss not safe.


After lunch, they did some running around with Elizabeth and we took Eliot home.for.a.nap.  He had skipped his morning nap and was falling asleep all over the place.  We felt so cooped up and bored out of our minds, so we went for a little walk before it began to rain.  Chris's parents were in town to see a friend play a concert, so we didn't see them that night.

On Sunday, we met them for lunch at La Carretta.  We forgot to ask for a cup of water for Eliot (I always forget!), so he shared Christopher's water.  And he thought it was hilarioussss.
Then we headed over to see Glenna (Chris's grandmother).  As always, his dad brought her a milkshake, but Eliot was bent on stealing it.
Chris's parents came back to our house for a little while, and then headed back home.  Chris and I were feeling cooped up (again) and it was raining (again), so we went to Target.  We needed groceries, but I didn't feel like going to a grocery store.  I don't know why I don't like grocery stores, yet enjoy Target....  I think more than anything I just wanted to get out out out.  Anyway, we picked up a couple of things and enough food to hold us over until I make up a menu of sorts and really go grocery shopping today.

On the way home, we got a milkshake to share (Glenna's had looked so good.  Ha), and Eliot was more than happy to take part.  It is difficult to get it away from him in the car, but when we got out, he kept trying to feed it to me.  He's so sweet.



No comments:

Post a Comment