Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Mournful Heart

A friend of mine from grad school lost a baby.  Yesterday morning.  The baby boy (Ezra) was one day old.  I feel utterly horrible for them.

Ever since I read the news, I've carried a mournful heart for the couple and Ezra.  I don't know the full story (I believe she was full-term).  And I don't know if there is anything I can do other than offer my condolences and give them the space they've requested.

I held my little boy a little closer yesterday.  I begged for forgiveness for ever losing my patience (which is very rare, but happens sometimes), not doing everything perfect all of the time, or ever taking our family for granted for just one second.  I prayed for the Masters family and asked for peace.

God gives and He takes away.  I can't say why He gives sometimes or why things happen the way they do, but we do live in a fallen world.  I pray for grace, comfort, and divine wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment