Friday, April 6, 2012

Week in Instagram

This past week has been quite up and down.  Eliot's diapers are back to normal and I only gave him Motrin a couple of times this week.  I can see the molars breaking through now, so I'm sure we're just getting closer to happier times!

Last Monday, Chris's parents were in town for a late-Elizabeth's birthday and early Easter visit.  We went to Shaker's for endless catfish.  Eliot had skipped both naps and was extra crabby from his teeth, so we really got it.  Fortunately, we were in the back (and a bit early for dinner), so his extra vocal shouting for more crayons and attempts to crawl out of the highchair didn't receive any glares.  He fell asleep fast when we got home.

Dachshunds make the best napping partners.  They're very enthusiastic about sleep.

I'm not trying to sound like a downer or anything.  We've had a lot of fun playing in the yard, too.
Three guards at the fence.
As for updates on the house, well, we haven't had any showings yet.  This surprised me at first.  Then I realized that it is Easter week and everyone is on spring break.  All of our neighbors have visitors or are out of town.  This is probably a big distraction from house hunting, and I imagine we'll have more showing requests on weekends anyway.

I'm also really excited for some dissertation break throughs.  I had a blog devoted just to dissertation ramblings, but I deleted it.  Maybe I should bring it back.  In short, I was going to need to pilot one of my instruments and prove its validity myself because I couldn't find anything like what I needed.  I've been searching for a year and a half!  Then, all of the sudden, I found one that is really, really close!  That is worth adjusting some wording and ideas some.  I'm so excited!  This could save me months--maybe three or more--of extra work!  Now I just have to deal with the fact that the author of my other instrument is dead, which makes getting permission to use it rather... difficult....  I have contacted the dean of her previous university and also the editor of one of the journals where she published findings on the instrument.  We'll see if that gets me anywhere.

life rearranged

No comments:

Post a Comment