Monday, September 30, 2013

Life Lately

Our days have been busy with fun things, work things, family things, and ho-hum, day-to-day things.  I've had little time for thinking and even less for writing.

We took the boys to pick out pumpkins and buy mums for our front yard.  Eliot was most interested in the cat, Bones.  He kept bringing his little pumpkin to the cat and saying, "She likes my pumpkin!"  I love his gentle spirit.


Chris took Eliot to Busch Gardens for some time together on Chris's 28th birthday.  It was all set up for Hall-o-scream, but Eliot apparently was not scared at all....  He just kept saying, "It's not real.  It's p-tend."  Ha.  Meanwhile, I stayed home with Jack to cuddle, do work, and pick up some surprise cup cakes.  The night before, we all went out to dinner and then shared icecream on the beach.  All in all, I'd say it was a successful birthday for Chris.



This week, I also took Eliot and Jack to the Hunt Club (just the three of us) to give Chris time to work.  Eliot loves petting the goats, and I always think back to when I would play in my grandparents' field and try to herd their goats and sheep.  I always wish I could take Eliot there, but at least there is always the Hunt Club--and he generally gets a pony ride too.
I haven't taken photos for anyone in a while, but I had the chance to take some portraits for my friend Lesley and her family.  It was a super quick, small session because she was just hoping for one shot to have made into a canvas.  I was so humbled to be the one to take this photo for them and contribute a portrait to go on their wall--a memory of where they are in life at this time.  Afterward, we had dinner and a bonfire at our house with them and my friend Kimmy.  The boys had a blast creating "dinosaur land" out of train tracks and Eliot's dinosaurs.  Eliot loves having friends over and cries, "I want to see you!" whenever they leave--or, in Kimmy's case, "I want M&Ms!"

Out of all of our fun adventures, though, the day-to-day is my favorite.  Giving the boys a bath.  Carrying Jack around in the ergo while I clean.  Watching Eliot trying to calm down a crying Jack, saying, "Aw.  It's all right."  Laying in bed with a sleepy Jack.  Playing frogs with Eliot.  Tucking Eliot in bed at night.  These things are all "routine" and happen every day, but it won't always be this way.  And I'll miss it.  I already do.

No comments:

Post a Comment