Friday, September 13, 2013

End of Summer

It has been a while since I've updated beyond monthly letters to the boys.  I've felt repetitive, busy, and maybe even a little overwhelmed.  I don't open my laptop these days unless it is to do work.  Really, I just leave it in my bedroom and use it when the boys are asleep.

Multitasking is a must with a toddler and a newborn, but I find that if I limit my distractions (like a computer), it makes for happier babies.  This is probably obvious.

I do want to try to write on my blog for myself, though, because I always like looking back and remembering what happened.

Summer is my favorite season.  I hate losing the warm weather, the possibility of swimming, and the sunny skies.  Since this might be one of the last weeks of warmth before fall comes, we tried to take advantage of everything we missed earlier in the summer due to me being very pregnant (I threw up when I tried to go to the beach...) and then Jack being born (newborn at the beach?  tricky).

We went to the beach three times and also swam at my parents' house since their pool is alwaysss warmer than ours.  Jack went in the pool and in the beach for the first time, and he actually really liked it.  Well, his second time in the beach water, he was not stoked about it, but he did fine the first time and loves splashing in the pool.


Chris's parents came in town for a short visit on their way to and from Georgia for a wedding.  It's always great to see them, and Eliot asks to see them again for days and days.  We'll need to get up to Woodbridge to see them as Jack grows to a good place for a road trip.  He doesn't take a paci, so car rides aren't as, well, smooth as they were with Eliot.

One thing I am looking forward to with fall is Jack's new wardrobe.  He is growing out of most of his summer clothes, and the new clothes I picked up for him are all for the fall.  I can't take the little dude out in 80-degree heat with long sleeves and jeans....  So, yes, I am excited about seeing Jack and Eliot in their new clothes.

So, to pump myself up about fall coming, here is a list of things I plan (or hope) to do this fall:
Pick out pumpkins and go for a hay ride at a local farm.
Wear boots.  Lots of boots (or just the two pair that I own).
Go camping.
Visit Lynchburg.
Take Eliot to a Liberty football game.
Enjoy a pumpkin spiced latte.
Take Eliot and Jack to the Safari Park at Natural Bridge.
Have a bonfire.
Go for a walk at Colonial Williamsburg.
Bake an apple pie.
Take the boys trick-or-treating in our neighborhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment