Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Recent Adventures

My previous two entries haven't been the most optimistic, so I figured I should write some (or a lot) about our recent adventures.

I'm not breaking out the umbrellas yet (and this week is supposed to get cool again), but I am so thankful for the decent weather lately.  This winter has been the hardest yet!  Yesterday, though, Chris opened the door in our bedroom to the back deck to get some fresh air in while Eliot napped and I did work.  Our cat is permanently stuck to the open window in the kitchen.  The heat and AC are both off.  And we had a couple of friends over to grill out for dinner.  A glimpse of summer.

Chris and Eliot did a lot of yard work this week too.  Chris loves it; I hate it, but it feels great to be outside.  I taught Eliot how to pick up the gumballs and put them in a bucket, which has been really useful (and suddenly I think of Thomas the Train).

Of course, Sunday was Easter.  Eliot has been so all about cameras for the past few weeks.  He refused to let us take his picture unless he was taking pictures too--I must have worded my plans the wrong way--but it is pretty cute.  We had Easter brunch with my parents, sister, brother-in-law, their kids, and my grandma.  This was Eliot's third Easter, and while he doesn't get the Easter Bunny, he was way more excited about egg trails and Reese's eggs.  He does not like chocolate bunnies, so I might have to eat that for him.

It hasn't been all fun lately.  We took the dogs to their new vet yesterday to get checked out prior to setting up a teeth cleaning.  Poor Dexter will be just two years old this month and one of his teeth is so bad that a root is exposed!  Over the past few months, he has grown less tolerant of Eliot's hugs and running around, so I figured it was time to neuter the guy (I know, I know), but I bet the pain of his tooth is also contributing to his grumpiness.  We're getting it taken care of as soon as we can and then will neuter him.

...And then, of course, our rabbit died last night, so we really had to get ourselves out of the house to take our minds off things today.  We tried having a fancy lunch at a restaurant on the beach, but Eliot kept saying he wanted to "go away" to the "sandbox" (translation:  he wanted to go play in the sand on the beach), so we ate fast.  We ended up playing in the sand, chasing seagulls, and taking photos for an hour.  It was great and my nose even got a little sunburn--and I do wear 15 SPF every day, by the way.




Other than that, we've been hanging around the house, doing work, reading lots of books, and working on the alphabet and counting.


No comments:

Post a Comment