Friday, October 12, 2012

Pumpkin Patching

I'm thankful for pretty weather!  We didn't go to the pumpkin patch the day that I had planned to.  Or the day after.  Or the day after that.  Instead, we went today!  The weather was warm and happy.  I had hoped to get out there mid-morning so the sun wouldn't be too harsh for photos, but Eliot slept in until 9:30 am!  We took advantage of that instead and went to Morris Orchard right in that mid-day sun.  Can't win 'em all.


Eliot was much more into the idea of a pumpkin patch this year.  He ran around, tried to kick all of the pumpkins, and wanted to pick them (and rocks) up.  It was fun!

When we made it to the hay, he was excited, then nervous, then scared.  However, he and Chris had some fun on the one that looked like a bug.


Eliot's favorite part by far was meeting a beagle.  My parents adopted my grandma's beagle (even though my dad insists that it is temporary).  This beagle looks just like that dog, so maybe Eliot thought they were the same.

Here is Eliot last year.  Growing boy!



While we were out in the pumpkin patch, I received a text from our realtor that we had a showing--in two and a half hours.  Yikes!  We took our time, though, and headed home to clean.  Eliot needed a nap, but I wasn't sure we had time.  Elizabeth kindly watched Eliot while I tidied up.  I think it took about 45 minutes to get the whole house spotless?  I've gotten pretty good at these cleaning sprees.  In fact, we even left the house twenty minutes early.  Poor Eliot-babe fell asleep in the car long enough to make him refuse a "real" nap at home, yet it was too short of a nap to make him less crazy.  After an hour and a half of arguing, Eliot is now running around the backyard with Chris.  Phew.  It is hard arguing with a toddler like that; I needed a break.

I can't wait to carve our pumpkins in a week or so.  Eliot is sure to shout, "EW!" a lot.



No comments:

Post a Comment