Friday, October 19, 2012

Looking Back: Otter Creek in 2010 and 2012

Sometimes with photography, I feel like I have gotten a really good shot--I feel like I just nailed it.  Such was the case with this photograph from October 2010.  I was entering the third trimester with Eliot, so we figured a photo session would be a great way to celebrate.


Two years later, today, the fall foliage is around its peak.  We decided to take some pictures at the same spot.  However, the sun was setting, so shadows cast on our faces some.  And with the three of us, well, we just couldn't all fit on one stepping stone--we needed two!  It was hard to get a good shot of us sitting down.  The first photo is framed better--we fit and it makes sense.  In the second, there is too much space at the bottom and not enough at the top--and it'd be better if we weren't centered, but this was the only way to keep the tripod out of the water.  And we both need haircuts.

It is still a good shot of us, I think.  And I know I'll treasure it just as I love the one we took two years ago.  I just think the first one is a little better.  And of course I prefer Eliot on the outside world opposed to kicking my ribs constantly.  It is much more fun exploring with him and watching him admire his dada.

The leaves sure are beautiful this year.  I always forget how amazing they are.  They fall from the canopy of trees as we drive down the roads, which feels magical, but I know this time is short-lived.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Just wanted to stop in and say "Thanks" for the Blog love! Adorable little family you have :)

    xo,
    Hb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Our boys are almost the exact same age! :)

      Delete