Friday, October 12, 2012

Fall Recipes

Earlier in the week, the weather was beyond gloomy.  And cold.  We had to turn our heat on since it was 60 degrees downstairs.  I gave a little huff and dreaded the coming winter months.

When it is too cold and wet and nasty to entertain myself outside, I try to keep busy cooking.  I love finding new recipes or enjoying old ones.  So, here is our menu for this week (even though we're half-way through...).  Since we only eat meat at home on special occasions, it's all vegetarian (some vegan) and toddler-friendly.

Monday:  vegetarian chili
Tuesday:  red curry coconut lentil soup (vegan!)
Wednesday:  lentil and blackbean sloppy Joes (vegan!)
Thursday:  quorn "chicken" gureye with perogies and broccoli
Friday:  eggplant mini pizzas and spinach salad (could easily be vegan)
Saturday:  lentil tacos or maybe blackbean quesadillas
Sunday:  pumpkin curry soup (vegan!)

Recipes all come from my food blog.

I'm sure glad the sun came back.  I was about to lose it.


No comments:

Post a Comment