Tuesday, September 25, 2012

In Leui of Dinosaurs

Eliot loves dinosaurs lately.  I do too!  I was so excited to take him to Escape from Dinosaur Kingdom in Natural Bridge, but then Chris learned that it caught on fire last April.  Arg.  We need to find the boy some dinosaurs soon.  Chris found this place called Dinosaur World, but it is three hours away--not exactly a day trip with a little one.

Instead we've been enjoying little trips around Lynchburg, like

running at the track
Eliot loves for us to count down, "Runners on your mark.  Get set.  Go!"  He shouts, "GO!" and takes off.  Chris is planning to enter him in another little kids' fun race, but this time, I don't think he'll need an adult to run with him....

cupcakes downtown
We rarely do sweets in this house.  I don't really buy or bake cookies--even though I'd like to--so a trip downtown to get a cupcake is a big deal for us.  I hadn't been there since I ordered Eliot's birthday cupcakes last December.  What a difference!  At his party, Eliot mostly dissected his cupcake; he didn't eat it.  This time, though, he carefully ate the frosting with a fork and then took bites of the rest.

football games
Chris ever-so-kindly took Eliot to the football game alone this past weekend so I could get some dissertation work done.  I felt bad that I didn't go with them (I did go last time...), but they had a blast just the two of them.

bubbles in the yard
There are simple, fun things that I just don't think of sometimes, like bubbles.  Chris's parents bought Eliot a "bubble wand," and he loved chasing the bubbles all around the yard.  Our little dog, Dexter, did too.  Gotta get that kid some more bubbles....

collecting leaves on fall walks
Some of the trees are really changing in Lynchburg....  I don't like it.  I know what happens next (winter) and I want endless summer.  However, it has been nice to step outside and not feel like death's hot breath is upon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment