Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Most Eventful Day Ever

I had the busiest day of my life yesterday.  Well, not really, but for someone that has one (generally short) field trip a day, we did a lot yesterday.

First, Chris went for an early run and we clean clean cleaned the wholeee house.  And did a load of laundry.  Our house sparkles (for now) and is orderly and smells great.  Then around 11:30 am, we headed over to Chris's uncle's house to play with--I mean, feed--the cats.  While they're out of town, Eliot was more than happy to take care of the kitties.  I think he loves cats more than any animal, even more than dogs.

After we got home, we had lunch.  Not too long afterward, I kissed Eliot-babe good-bye and went to take one-month pictures and family portraits for Stephanie and their Azriel.  I'm dyinggg to post some of them because Azriel is just so adorable, but Stephanie and Bernard are keeping Azriel photos private and only for family and friends (which I understand completely).  You know, I took Stephanie and Bernard's engagement photos, their wedding pictures, and now their little boy.  There's something really sweet about seeing that progression.

When I came home, Eliot was napping.  Good thing because we had even more fun in store!  And he would not have made it without a nap.  When he woke up, we headed over to Becca's house for Levi and Jordan's first birthday party.  Becca and I worked together, and she is the one who invited me to join the play group that Elliot and I attend every week.

At the party, the kids splashed in a kiddie pool and Eliot tried to get their dog, Pepper, to chase him.  Then we took the babies in the basement to play.  Imagine three boys all wanting to play in one of those red and yellow cars....  Levi (one year), Eliot (18 months), and Braxton (21 months) all took turns (by force) and we ultimately came to some level of peace.  When Eliot first got in the car, Levi opened the door and sat right on Eliot's lap.  It was hilarious.

After Jordan and Levi opened presents, we headed out because Eliot was getting grumbly and we needed to pick up food for our cat and then also feed the cats we were catsitting again.  First, though, Chris wanted to run by Barnes and Noble to get a new book since he finished his.  Eliot and I played with the "choo-choo" table while Chris got the third A Game of Thrones book.  As Eliot started melting down (not bad, but I could see it coming), we decided we really couldn't take him into Petsmart, so Chris ran in by himself.  And then we fed Chris's uncle's cats (which made Eliot very happy again).


We made it home and, man, Eliot was tired.  He was running around screaming and trying to play rough with the dogs.  Definitely meant it was bedtime.  I pushed him until about 8:40 pm.  And that was the end of our four-fold eventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment