Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Baby Portraits and the Two-week Appointment


Photographs are so important to me.  I have been itching to take Jack's newborn photos for a while and we finally took them today.

I have a few more to edit, but these are the main ones.


I managed to get a few with Eliot too.  Eliot loves posing for photos and also adores his baby brother, but when Jack cuddles are possible, it is hard to get him to look at the camera.  I know I will treasure these pictures forever.



And of course for fun, I like to compare Jack to Eliot.  I'm not trying to convince myself or anyone that they are identical twins, but I like remembering what Eliot looked like and wondering if Jack will grow to look similar to Eliot now.  I love that they have shared features, like their noses, but they are also unique.  I can't wait to watch them grow together.

Today was also quite eventful for me because I actually got out of the house.  We went to Target so I could buy some new shirts (I may have lost weight, but I was in need of some nursing-friendly clothes), more diapers, some more swaddling blankets (Jack loves to be swaddled!), and burp clothes (Jack really needs them since he spits up a bit).  We're doing OK with clothes.  As I washed all of his newborn clothes in preparation of his arrival, I was afraid we had gone overboard with clothes.  However, I still end up doing laundry twice a week because the kid goes through some outfits (three a day or more).

After Target, Chris and I took Jack to his two-week doctor's appointment.  He is up to eight pounds and three ounces!  In case you are curious, here is his weight gain so far:
Birth on 6/26:  6 lbs, 12 oz.
Leaving the hospital on 6/28:  6 lbs, 9 oz.
First doctor's appointment on 7/1:  7 lbs, 5 oz.
Two-week doctor's appointment on 7/9:  8 lbs, 3 oz.

The kid loves to drink milk and I am so thankful that he is doing great nursing.  I am hoping that we can make it to six months, but at this point, I don't see why that would be a problem at all.  His appointment went well and the doctor said it would be OK for us to take Jack out and about more.  I'm really looking forward to that because poor Eliot has been bored out of his mind, and I have been out of my mind too trying to keep him entertained without watching too much tv.  I hate tv....

After Jack's appointment, we picked Eliot up from my mom's house.  I am so thankful that she was able to watch him so Chris could come to the doctor's appointment too.  We came home and took Jack's pictures.  Then we made dinner and played outside until Eliot started acting super sleepy.

It's amazing that Jack will be two weeks old tomorrow.  I told Chris that it feels like he has been with us for a month and that I have been un-pregnant for a couple of months.  Funny how time works like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment