Sunday, June 17, 2012

Our Second Father's Day

We made it to Chesapeake yesterday around 3:00 pm!  My grandma is staying with my mom while they try to sort things out after her little midnight run down Salem Road following her hallucination....  Because of this, my mom has a house full of hounds.  Two beagles and our two dachshunds.  I feel so bad leaving them with her since she has so much going on, but our dogs are rather well-behaved.  Also, I assured her that she can put them in their kennels if she gets overwhelmed--I know they'd rather be here than boarded at some random kennel, so it is totally fine if they need to be put up for a little while.

Eliot loves going to visit his grandparents' houses because there is so much to explore.  Rather quickly, he and my mom took to playing with tupperware and peek-a-boo in the cabinet.

Today was Father's Day, so Eliot and I made a pretty note for Chris.  Then I made French toast for everyone for breakfast.  While playing outside, Eliot decided that he wanted to go for a swim and did a pretty good job walking right into the pool....  At least he used the steps and asked for help.  Ha.

After Eliot's afternoon nap, we headed over to my sister's house to check up on her.  I know she just had surgery and all, but she seems to be healing up OK.

When we got home, Eliot started cuddling up with my grandma's beagle.  He loves dogs like crazy.  He was constantly following her around and trying to hug her, which was cute and all, but I could tell he needed a nap.  So, naptime it is.  We're at a weird place where sometimes he naps once, sometimes twice, and often not at all.  I guess it all depends on the day and what we do.

Come tomorrow, we'll be getting on the road and heading to South Carolina!

No comments:

Post a Comment