Thursday, June 21, 2012

Myrtle Beach Pt. I

Today is our last full day in Myrtle Beach!  I kind of wish we had just one more day--there is so much to do--but I know it is a long journey home with our first stop in Chesapeake.  I don't have my card reader here, so the only photos I have been posting are from Instagram, but those are fun too!

We have had a great time and this little get-away is just what we needed to break up the routine.  Sometimes I think that we need to split town every month and a half, especially since we work from home, so this trip to a new place has been nice.

So far, we have

enjoyed the view from our balcony

relaxed

gotten icecream

played in the 17 pools and lazy rivers at the hotel

ridden the Skywheel (biggest ferris wheel ever)

played on the shore

and gotten Eliot over his fear of waves

We also visited Chris's grandpa twice, but those pictures are on the "real" camera.  Today we plan to play at the beach alllll day and then maybe go to Medieval Times.  I have never been, but always want to whenever we are near one, like in Florida.  I ask every time, but somehow end up not going, whether it be scheduling or just not feeling like leaving the hotel.  Perhaps tonight will be my night.

While this trip was meant for us to get a break and re-group, my mind has been swirling with questions and thoughts all centering on family.  How to be better at keeping us all connected.  Why we become distant.  How I can help all of my family members even though I can't be in multiple places (or cities. or states) at the same time.  And what I want for our little (and hopefully someday growing) family of three.  I feel the need to be at home in Chesapeake for my grandmother and parents, yet I also feel like we need to be helping with Chris's grandma in Lynchburg.  And then Chris's parents and sister are in northern Virginia.  And then there are our other family members spread throughout North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Maryland, and Minnesota.  We can't be there for everyone all the time, but, you know, we try to be balanced and stay connected. 

No comments:

Post a Comment