Thursday, June 28, 2012

Myrtle Beach Pt. II and Back in Lynchburg

I haven't updated in nearly a week!  I have been so busy spending time with family, thinking over life and plans, and driving driving driving.

We just made it back to Lynchburg late Tuesday afternoon.  It was nice to get away, but there is something nice about coming home to a house that I fortunately left mostly clean and certainly babyproof.  Eliot has so much fun running all around my parents' house and backyard (and going in the pool even when he isn't supposed to).  It keeps me going faster and longer than our house, though, where he can climb on the dining room table with it only being a little bit of a big deal.  Plus, all of his toys are new to him all over again.

Now that we are back, I posted some more of our vacation photos.  I won't overload you too much.

We have gotten back into our routine (in a good way).  In the mornings, Chris makes a green smoothie for himself and Eliot.  That smoothie is so green and I always think it can't get more green, but Chris finds a way.  Eliot's current smoothie recipe is:  one cup of tropical fruit, one cup of spinach, one tablespoon of fish oil, one tablespoon of seaweed, a bunch of wheat grass, and a splash of orange juice.  I know most of those ingredients sound... weird... but Eliot loves it and I must say it is darnnnn good.


Yesterday was our playgroup day.  Eliot might have fallen in love with a younger girl, Jade.  I believe Jade is about ten months old.  Anyway, Eliot followed Jade all around the house and kept trying to put his arm around her.  And Jade loved playing follow the leader!  It was precious!

Here is Jade dancing while Eliot "plays" the piano.

Just like all over the US, Lynchburg has been super hot.  Since we go off window units (and only have one downstairs), we decided to pick one up for the kitchen.  It has made a big difference and our house is so comfortable despite it being nearly 100 degrees out!
My friend Stephanie brought her baby boy, Azriel, home from the hospital the other day, so I put together a care package and took them spaghetti squash for dinner.  I always try to think of what was helpful for me when I had just given birth, so I packed up a box of momma's milk tea, tucks, breast pads, paper plates, and then a crocheted baby hat for the fall just for fun.  I am excited to hopefully take some newborn portraits of Azriel whenever they feel ready!  That little babe melted my heart--and I'm so proud of Stephanie for doing most of her laboring at home and then having a natural birth!

It's good to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment