Sunday, February 2, 2014

Dear Jack: Seven Months

Dear Jack,

You are now seven months--closer to a year than your birth.  I look forward to you growing more and more, but I love you as our little baby too. 
 


You are so curious and interactive with everything.  To see something is to want to eat it, which is surprising because you don't actually like to consume anything but my milk.  You try to eat biscuits and mum-mums since they are finger foods, but you are not into pureed baby food.  Eliot was the same way, and, man, I wouldn't like pureed food either.  We are still nursing, which is longer than I nursed Eliot; however, it isn't because I'm super disciplined or anything.  We have no other choice, really!  You won't take bottles!  We got you to the point that you will drink a little from a sippy cup, so I was away from you for the longest time yet recently.  I thought of you the whole time, Jack.


You are growing and developing well.  You weigh about 18 pounds.  You wear size four diapers.  Your 6-12 month pants are quite tight and fit well in 12 month sleepers.  We recently moved you out of your infant carrier and into Eliot's old carseat.  You look like such a big boy, and I think it fits you better.  You are eager to crawl, but aren't quite there.  You scoot around, crawl backwards, and can crawl a couple of "paces" before falling on your belly.  You "pivot" around and get most places quickly.  You hate getting stuck on your belly and cry.  You'll get there in no time, I'm sure, and then we won't be able to stop you!


You seem extra clingy and fussy lately.  It looks like your top two teeth are trying to cut through, so I blame that.  Your bottom two finally cut through after three whole months of teething.  Goodness...

When you aren't fussy from being hungry or tired or just wanting to be held, you are super happy.  It is easy to get you to smile for photos.  You laugh easily and are so ticklish.  You want to grab my buttons, face, hair, food as I'm trying to eat, and everything you can.  You are so happy to explore.

You had your first snow this month.  It was so, so cold, though, and we didn't stay out long--just enough for a couple of photos.  You were ready to come.inside.fast.


Every day, I thank God for you.  I thank God that you are healthy, happy, strong, and growing.  You bring us so much happiness and joy.  Oftentimes while I am feeding you, you stop and look up at me and smile.  Moments like these with you make me feel like the most important person in the world.  Thank you for loving me.  I love you too, little baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment