Sunday, October 13, 2013

Dear Eliot: Two Years, Nine Months

Dear Eliot,

My handsome boy!  You always amaze me with your intelligence, intuition, amazing heart, and beautiful face.


I should probably list all of the funny things you say and the unique ways that you say them.  You are pretty hilarious all of the time.
Instead of saying you don't want to do something, you say that you can't, like "I can't eat apples!"  You say it so convincingly, like you're allergic or something.
If you like something, you say it is good to you, such as, "I like milkshakes.  Milkshakes is good to me."
When watching movies, you constantly ask questions.  You can't stand tension.  You always ask, "Where'd his friend go?"  It's silly.

I think my absolute favorite thing that you said lately happened at the park....  You said you wanted to pretend that we were in a castle, and then you said that I was the princess.  My heart melted right there.  I asked if you wanted to be the dragon or my prince--you chose to be my prince.  Eventually, I ended up being the dragon chasing you around, but you made me the happiest mom at that park by calling me a princess.


You have been sleeping in your bed in your room for over two months now.  I can't believe that we were able to transition you after so many sleep battles.  You're still a pretty bad sleeper, but, my goodness, nothing like before.  I'm proud of the big boy that you have grown into.

I always am amazed by how much personality you have.  You hate messes and refuse to sit in booths at restaurants if they haven't been cleaned to your standards. You love cats, donuts, dinosaurs, sports, and dragons.  Right now, your favorite movie in the world is Rio.  We watch Rio every day, sometimes more frequently.  It's a pretty good movie.


You just adore your Jack.  You have the sweetest heart when it comes to him.  In your mind, Jack can do no wrong--well, other than spitting up.  You hate spit up.  One time, you hit your head on Jack's head on accident when we were cuddling in bed while watching a movie.  Jack screameddd and cried.  I was trying to get you to understand that you need to be more careful, so I told you that you had hurt Jack (and he was wailing!).  You nodded your head, stuck out your bottom lip, and cried so hard.  You were to pieces over the idea of hurting your brother and making him cry.  As I calmed him down (he wasn't too hurt in the end because you missed his soft spot), I lay him across your chest and you kissed him sweetly.  All was better.


Of course, we have a lot of good times with Jack that don't end in tears.  You are eager to take care of him and love help giving him a bath, trying to help me change his diapers, and making him laugh.  You even take him for wagon rides down the street and would rather pull him than have me pull you.  The closest thing to jealousy you have ever shown was this time when Jack somehow ended up with a straw wrapper in his hand.  For some reason, you wanted it too and kept saying it was yours, but you didn't throw a fit or take it from him.  You just were certain that it belonged to you for some reason.
About a year and eight months ago, we sat you on this turtle at the zoo.  You had just turned one year old.  I worried about you falling off as I tried to snap a photo quickly.  Now you are growing closer and closer to turning three each day.  The time went by so quickly.  You are constantly asking about your birthday and planning out your party.  Don't grow up on me too fast, Eliot.



No comments:

Post a Comment