Friday, June 21, 2013

Life Lately

I've written a lot of "baby coming" posts lately because, well, that is where my mind has been.  The months came down to weeks and now down to days.  Just days.  Just FIVE days.

However, there has been more going on too, you know.  Last weekend was Father's Day.  I let Chris sleep in and while he went for a run, I told Eliot to draw a picture him and Daddy.  First, Eliot drew Chris and then himself.  And then he drew a "giant goose" chasing a bunch of people.  Just perfect.

I spent the rest of the day tidying up and getting things together.  We had my parents, sister and her family, and grandmother over to celebrate Father's Day, my mom's birthday, and my dad's birthday.  The first half of June is very busy for us and also includes both my sister and my wedding anniversaries.  We had a simple cookout and pool party.  I think everyone had fun despite running out of propane for the grill (oops).

Throughout the rest of the week, we've been working, doing laundry, and trying to have fun.  On a drive out to Pungo, we discovered that a local airport has a dinosaur garden, so the next day, we went by for Eliot to see the dinosaurs and palm trees.  We were able to see some planes take off too.

Wednesday was my last doctor's appointment.  Everything looked great and I'm still continuing to progress on my own, which means these little contractions (that I have hesitated to even call contractions) are paying off.  However, then I started to feel a little sick.  By that night, I had a fever and was so incredibly achy that I took three baths throughout the night and Chris kept asking me if I wanted to go to the hospital.  The next day, I called my doctor and was able to get my fever down with Tylenol.  I still felt more or less horrible, but the doctor said I was half a degree from needing to come in.  My mom offered to watch Eliot for me since I didn't feel well and Chris had work to do, but my parents both weren't feeling well either.  I didn't want to put that on them too.  I tried resting and cleaning some until Chris's parents came in town in the evening.  His dad is here for a conference and his mom is taking advantage of the location of the conference to play with Eliot.  Even though I felt sick, Chris took me to dinner while his parents played with Eliot, but I think I was the worst date ever.

Today my fever is gone even without medication.  Now I mostly just have a sinus infection of some sort, so I'm worrying less about it harming Jack or about Chris and Eliot catching it.  Chris, his mom, Eliot, and I went to see Monsters Univeristy at the mall, which was fun, but unfortunately Eliot lost interest in the last half hour.  It had been a long time since we took him to see a movie; I suppose he was out of practice. 

So, here I am.  Five days left--and today feel so close to being over.  I have a few small things to do before Jack comes, but nothing big.  Now I just wait.


No comments:

Post a Comment