Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Coming in July...

It has been almost a year since we first started praying for our second baby.  I remember hoping I was pregnant at Eliot's first birthday party.  That would have been kind of a small age gap, but I always wanted my babes to be very close.  I wasn't pregnant, though.

In May, I was.  And then in June, I wasn't.  I never knew just how heartbreaking that can be or how raw I could feel.

So when I felt that my heart and body had both healed and we tried again, I was scared.  And it didn't happen right away.  It took months.  But then I learned in October that I was pregnant.  I felt hopeful; I felt terrified.

For weeks, every ache was accompanied with overwhelming fear.  I constantly thought I was bleeding, but I wasn't.  I prayed all the time.  With Eliot, I had worry, but not like this.

Today, at 12 weeks, we had our first doctor's appointment.  I didn't intend to wait this long, but the doctor in Lynchburg didn't want to see me until the 12th anyway, so we figured we'd just wait to see a more permanent doctor here six days later.  I knew I had been growing and happily enduring early pregnancy symptoms, but when I saw that baby tumble around on the screen with his or her arms waving, legs kicking, and heart beating...  Heart beating...  Well, I finally felt at ease.


Coming July 2, 2013.  Robinson baby number 2.  :)


2 comments:

  1. That's so exciting Katie! Congrats! I also had a miscarriage & it was the worst feeling in the world. I always knew I would have problems getting pregnant. Me & Nick tried on our own for a year & nothing happened. We then went to an infertility center & found out that I had 3 problems preventing me from getting pregnant...when I finally got pregnant I miscarried at 8 weeks. Then 5 months later I got pregnant with Aiden. I was so scared because I was afraid I would miscarry again, the whole pregnancy I was always scared that something would happen. Now he's a healthy 2 1/2 year old. haha!! I got pregnant with Abigail when Aiden was 5 months old & she's a healthy 1 year old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Katie! I am SO happy for you! Merry Christmas! My Leila is a July baby and she is perfection. ;-) Praying for a healthy and happy pregnancy for you!

    ReplyDelete