Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Things Slowly Coming Together

Maybe it is because it is growing closer to fall, but I think our difficult summer might be ending.  I hope so.  Yesterday, I found out some great news that has eased me out of many of my worries.  I learn over and over again not to take life for granted.

In attempts to enjoy the remains of summer, we headed to the lake with Elizabeth, Stephanie, and baby Azriel yesterday.  It may be Shark Week on tv, but not in our waters!

We stayed up late talking with Elizabeth and then Eliot had a little trouble sleeping, so our Wednesday routine was thrown off.  In fact, started acting sleepy around 10:30 am and passed out at 11:30 am, meaning we missed our weekly playgroup, but I'd rather him rest than be a terror elsewhere.

I'm slowly getting Eliot's fall wardrobe together, which makes me so stoked about the seasons changing.  It's kind of ridiculous how excited I get to dress my boy--I love getting him clothes more than myself.  I picked up two button-downs and a thermal from Children's Place on sale.  I also got his fall jacket off of ebay.  Actually, I had seen the same jacket from Gap online last year, but it was too expensive.  Now I get to see him wear last season's jacket for nearly half the price.  All I have left is maybe another thermal or two (to go under his short-sleeved button-downs from summer), a couple pairs of pants, a hoodie, maybe a couple of sweaters, and eventually a peacoat.

Tomorrow, we're heading down to Chesapeake again for Chris to hopefully catch some waves--maybe the last waves of the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment