Monday, November 12, 2012

A Warm Weekend

I have felt so zapped of energy lately!  When Eliot takes his afternoon nap, I usually rest along with him for at least half an hour (as much as I'd love to, I never manage to fall asleep during the day).  Maybe it is daylight's savings time that is throwing us off.  Eliot is waking up earlier and earlier every day, and his bedtime is impossible to determine.  7:00 pm one night and then 9:30 pm the next.  Sigh.

The weather has been quite cool lately making me an even more boring, sleepy parent, but Chris has worked hard to bundle Eliot up and take him to the park anyway.  Then we had some warmth this weekend!  Chris and Eliot played in the leaves and Eliot's little wheel barrow.  "[S]o much depends upon. a red wheel barrow. ..."  Sorry.  Couldn't help myself there.  William Carlos Williams just had to creep out a little.

Chris's mom rode the train to town again to check up on Elizabeth, visit his grandma, and (of course) play with her favorite Eliot.  We tried to feed the horses, but none of them would come and get any carrots!  Eliot stuck his little arm through the fence yelling, "Hissy! (horsey).  Food!  Nom!"  I think we might try again today.


We keep on having more and more house showings.  Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, and today.  Every other day.  It sounds weird, but I feel like I can't get my house cleaned all the way from all of the quick pick-up sessions.  I mean, I get it tidy, but I don't have time to really deep clean and organize everything like I want to because I'm focusing so much on the overall appearance.  Does that make sense?  Oh well.  We continue to get good feedback but no offers yet.  I think people just aren't that serious or something.  In a few days, we'll be on the road to Chesapeake again.  It'd be really nice if we could get a dang offer before we leave so we could pick out a new home on our trip....  Ah.

Tonight is our first Liberty basketball game of the season!  I'm so excited to take Eliot.  He loved it last year, but he wasn't walking yet, so I'm a little nervous that he might want to run up and down the bleachers the whole time like he does at football games.  Then again, he might simply be even more into the game this time.  And I'll get concession stand food.  My favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment