Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dear Jack: One Year, Nine Months

Dear Jack,

You are the cutest little thing when it comes to stuffed animals. You love to cuddle them and carry them around along with your blanket. When I put you to bed for a nap or bedtime, you cuddle up with your stuffed animals, wave, and say, "Bye!" Sometimes when I ask if you are ready to go night night, you walk in your room and start throwing stuffed animal into the crib. I love it. You also like taking books to bed and these two wooden ducks that your Nana let you snatch from her living room. In the morning when I get you, you have thrown your stuffed animals and blanket on the floor, but you don't let me leave without gathering your "friends" to bring in the den.

Most mornings, you and I get to cuddle some before everyone else wakes up. We sit on the couch, you drink strawberry milk, and we watch TV. You cuddle so sweetly. I've heard other moms complain that their boys are not affectionate. You are always so kind, especially in the mornings.

This month, we have had two different types of weather. First, we had some more snow, which you didn't really enjoy, but we tried to take photos to remember it. Then we have also had some warmer weather, our preference. We've enjoyed time at the beach and in the backyard. You so sweetly take my hand and walk with me.

You've learned some new phrases lately too. Before when something wasn't going your way, you'd yell, "Ow! Ow! Ow!" It was so funny because you clearly were NOT being hurt. Well, now you have figured out "no". So, instead it's always, "No! No! No!" You especially like to try to discipline the dogs by yelling at them.

Speaking of yelling and dogs, we brought home a lab puppy named Marlowe. A big reason why we got her was you. You love dogs, and you REALLY love big dogs. I have never had a large dog before, but we thought it would be fun to add a lab to the family. You just love our Marlowe. When we picked her out, you were more intrigued by the adult dogs than the puppies. After you got used to the puppies climbing all over you, you started offering my sweater for them to chew on. Thanks, Jack. Marlowe has been a sweet girl so far, and I can't wait to watch you grow up with her.

You love dogs so much that you frequently pretend to be one. When you see someone, instead of saying hello, you chew on your shirt and growl. If that person affirms that you are a puppy, you sometimes start licking me. You have always put everything in your mouth, but now you do it to be funny like a puppy. You put things in your mouth and give them to me. It's kinda over the top, Jack, but you're having fun. We've been watching a lot of 101 Dalmatians lately, which might have contributed to your behavior, I guess.

I think we have made it out of winter, Jack. I think we are headed into spring. We will be spending more time outside, and you will be getting more dirty, which means more baths (your favorite). We're getting closer and closer to your second birthday. Time has gone so fast. I love you as our little toddler. You're so fun, silly, kind, and affectionate. I can't imagine our family without you. You've brought so much light to our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment