Sunday, September 7, 2014

Coming of Fall

I'm not too excited about fall happening. I always want endless summer. It's not that I mind fall so much as I dread winter. The seasons should be summer, fall, summer, spring. Or if winter could just ease up after New Years.... Because the holidays are nice. I say this every year....

The only thing I am excited about for fall is new clothes for the boys. Their summer clothes are getting too tight and their fall clothes would be too hot right now--and, of course, I'm not going to buy new, larger summer clothes for just a few weeks. Sigh.

Clothes, in fact, have me thinking a lot lately. I gave away the rest of Jack and Eliot's clothes that Jack had outgrown. As I dug through Eliot's old clothes for Jack, I find myself putting shirts on him that Eliot wore when he was almost two. It doesn't seem that long ago that I put them on Eliot. How can Jack be growing up that fast? And when I went through Eliot's clothes from last winter to see if they still fit (and I was sure that they would), the sleeves are all far too short on Eliot! I mean, sure it has been almost a year, but he hasn't seemed like he has grown. I guess he really is getting older.





Love these babies and their blond, blond hair.

Eliot seems like such a four-year-old. His birthday is still four months away, but it is getting closer. He has requested a Godzilla party. And Jack seems to be more like a year and a half. He's so much more involved in everything these days. They're such a pair of boys lately, not babies.

Well, in an effort to get myself excited for fall, I have been looking over photos from last fall and the good times we had. I mean, I really do have good memories from last fall, so maybe there is something to look forward to.



Here is what I hope to do this fall:

-pick pumpkins and carve them
-bake an apple pie or crumble
-go for a hayride
-throw a "Summer in September" birthday party for Chris
-cook pumpkin soup with a fresh pumpkin
-decorate the front of the house (with a harvest theme, not scary things)
-go to the Hunt Club
-visit Lynchburg
-defend my dissertation (October 6 at 11:00 am!)
-climb a mountain
-go for a walk at the Botanical Gardens
-have a bonfire
-go trick-or-treating with Eliot as Godzilla and Jack as Mothra
-celebrate Thanksgiving with family

No comments:

Post a Comment